I added a hard drive to my computer ( D: )
and moved UF to that drive.

Tried copying over parameter files to D: drive and adjusting Pref locations, when I got the error message.

Apparently parameter or public paremeters cannot be relocated.
Tried to set back as was, but still get error message.

Any help advice appreciated.

63d7ba3cabc26.jpg

I added a hard drive to my computer ( D: ) and moved UF to that drive. Tried copying over parameter files to D: drive and adjusting Pref locations, when I got the error message. Apparently parameter or public paremeters cannot be relocated. Tried to set back as was, but still get error message. Any help advice appreciated. ![63d7ba3cabc26.jpg](serve/attachment&path=63d7ba3cabc26.jpg)

Are the folders without D: in front of them still on C:? That would explain the error.

Are the folders without D: in front of them still on C:? That would explain the error.

Yes .... all folders not labeled D:\

are still on drive C:\

Can I install all to new drive D:\ ?

Yes .... all folders not labeled D:\ are still on drive C:\ Can I install all to new drive D:\ ?
edited Jan 30 '23 at 3:16 pm

You certainly can install UF to another drive, that's what I have here.

Looking at your folders it seems to me they are a bit muddled.
For one thing, formulas do not fall under "Parameter library", that's the place for your parameters (your fractal files). Formulas are found in the "Formula library", and mostly in sub-folder called "Formulas\Public".

Once you have corrected your folder locations it's probably advisable to re-download all public formulas from the online database. I have found myself needing to do that occasionally when tinkering with UF's folders. This will also confirm that your formula updates are going to the correct place.

Here I prefer to keep everything to do with UF under a single folder, I do this for clarity and for super easy backups. It's where I actually install UF, this is not it's default install location. This screenshot shows where all my folders are, just for reference. It may help you with your adjustments:

63d8032cdbeac.png

Hope this helps and good luck!

You certainly can install UF to another drive, that's what I have here. Looking at your folders it seems to me they are a bit muddled. For one thing, formulas do not fall under "Parameter library", that's the place for your parameters (your fractal files). Formulas are found in the "Formula library", and mostly in sub-folder called "Formulas\Public". Once you have corrected your folder locations it's probably advisable to re-download all public formulas from the online database. I have found myself needing to do that occasionally when tinkering with UF's folders. This will also confirm that your formula updates are going to the correct place. Here I prefer to keep everything to do with UF under a single folder, I do this for clarity and for super easy backups. It's where I actually install UF, this is not it's default install location. This screenshot shows where all my folders are, just for reference. It may help you with your adjustments: ![63d8032cdbeac.png](serve/attachment&path=63d8032cdbeac.png) Hope this helps and good luck!

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Jan 30 '23 at 5:59 pm

Thanks so much for the explanation and screen shot Chris ... all good now.

Thanks so much for the explanation and screen shot Chris ... all good now.
edited Jan 30 '23 at 6:16 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft