While watching a screen capture video of someone working in UF6, the Render window shows a resolution of 118.110 with no units. What’s up with that?
63ffcd4d7527a.png

While watching a screen capture video of someone working in UF6, the Render window shows a resolution of 118.110 with no units. What’s up with that? ![63ffcd4d7527a.png](serve/attachment&path=63ffcd4d7527a.png)

http://www.youtube.com/fractalzooms

Pretty sure that is just DPI, i.e. the conversion factor from pixel amount to print size. It's largely inconsequential for most uses unless you plan to print your fractal onto a piece of paper without scaling it, that is if you want ot to have an exact size when printed.

For instance, if you print an 8000 x 6000 pixel fractal at 300 DPI (good print quality), the printed image will come out at 26.67 x 20.0 inches.

Hope that helps.

//edit: I just checked, the 118.110 is the value you get in dots per cm if the resolution is set to 300 DPI (dots per inch). It's UF's default value.

Pretty sure that is just DPI, i.e. the conversion factor from pixel amount to print size. It's largely inconsequential for most uses unless you plan to print your fractal onto a piece of paper without scaling it, that is if you want ot to have an exact size when printed. For instance, if you print an 8000 x 6000 pixel fractal at 300 DPI (good print quality), the printed image will come out at 26.67 x 20.0 inches. Hope that helps. //edit: I just checked, the 118.110 is the value you get in **dots per cm** if the resolution is set to 300 DPI (dots per inch). It's UF's default value.
edited Mar 2 '23 at 10:46 am

Thanks Phillip. That explains it. I see the 118.110 in my Render window when I choose pixels/cm.

Thanks Phillip. That explains it. I see the 118.110 in my Render window when I choose pixels/cm.

http://www.youtube.com/fractalzooms

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft