Hello,

I was just playing with a fractal and noticed that there should be a very nice way of coloring my fractal if I juuuuust got the gradient offset and color density right. But I need to adjust them one by one, going back and forth. I think for these two it would make sense to have a 2D explorer - like we do for complex variables - where we can adjust color density on the x-axis and gradient offset on the y-axis.

I don't know how much of a hassle this would be, i.e. using a complex value and just using real for density and imaginary for offset, or even making this a general feature that allows to combine any 2 non-complex parameters.

-phillip

Hello, I was just playing with a fractal and noticed that there should be a very nice way of coloring my fractal if I juuuuust got the gradient offset and color density right. But I need to adjust them one by one, going back and forth. I think for these two it would make sense to have a 2D explorer - like we do for complex variables - where we can adjust color density on the x-axis and gradient offset on the y-axis. I don't know how much of a hassle this would be, i.e. using a complex value and just using real for density and imaginary for offset, or even making this a general feature that allows to combine any 2 non-complex parameters. -phillip

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft