I recently noticed that the ampersand character & seems to be ignored in the caption of a parameter, although it shows up properly in the caption or text of a heading.

Try something like

heading
        caption = "this & that"
    endheading
    float param p
        caption = "this & that"
    endparam

When the formula is invoked, the & shows up in the heading, but not in the param caption.

I recently noticed that the ampersand character & seems to be ignored in the caption of a parameter, although it shows up properly in the caption or text of a heading. Try something like ```` heading caption = "this & that" endheading float param p caption = "this & that" endparam ```` When the formula is invoked, the & shows up in the heading, but not in the param caption.

Maybe because it's a Boolean symbol, which would not be appropriate in a caption? Although that wouldn't explain why it shows in the caption of a heading...

Maybe because it's a Boolean symbol, which would not be appropriate in a caption? Although that wouldn't explain why it shows in the caption of a heading...

An interesting point, but other special symbols, such as !, show up in captions.

An interesting point, but other special symbols, such as !, show up in captions.
edited May 11 '23 at 3:22 am

I just tried it in the title of a formula. It doesn't show there, either.

I just tried it in the title of a formula. It doesn't show there, either.

This is because & is a special symbol on Windows to denote shortcuts. It should be escaped though so it shows up correctly, and I'll make a note of that.

This is because & is a special symbol on Windows to denote shortcuts. It should be escaped though so it shows up correctly, and I'll make a note of that.

Ultra Fractal author

Using && works, shows up as & when used in a caption.

Using && works, shows up as & when used in a caption.
edited May 17 '23 at 12:24 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft