I'm very pleased to announce the release of Ultra Fractal 6.02. This is a free update for Ultra Fractal 6 featuring a fully customizable toolbar on Windows. Just right-click the toolbar to select which buttons to include and whether to use large or small icons. The update also contains various bug fixes and small improvements and is a recommended update for all Ultra Fractal 6 users.

Download it now: https://www.ultrafractal.com/download/

For a full list of changes, see the release notes:
https://www.ultrafractal.com/kb/uf602.html

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this update.

I'm very pleased to announce the release of Ultra Fractal 6.02. This is a free update for Ultra Fractal 6 featuring a fully customizable toolbar on Windows. Just right-click the toolbar to select which buttons to include and whether to use large or small icons. The update also contains various bug fixes and small improvements and is a recommended update for all Ultra Fractal 6 users. Download it now: https://www.ultrafractal.com/download/ For a full list of changes, see the release notes: https://www.ultrafractal.com/kb/uf602.html Please let me know if you encounter any problems with this update.

Ultra Fractal author

Hello,

I'm asking a simple question as I can't find any specific advice about installing Ultra Fractal (UF) updated versions.

Variously, some new software updates are installable over heir previous versions, and some software old versions must be uninstalled before installing an update, and some will simply install another version additional to its predecessor according to its different name.

My first installation was and remains version 5.04.

Hence, before I press a wrong 'button', could you please advise the approved way of installing UF updates?

Hello, I'm asking a simple question as I can't find any specific advice about installing Ultra Fractal (UF) updated versions. Variously, some new software updates are installable over heir previous versions, and some software old versions must be uninstalled before installing an update, and some will simply install another version additional to its predecessor according to its different name. My first installation was and remains version 5.04. Hence, before I press a wrong 'button', could you please advise the approved way of installing UF updates?

If you are referring to the installation of UF 6 then it is perfectly ok to go ahead and just install it to a different folder. It will not conflict with UF5 in any significant way if you do this.

The only MINOR effect you might see is when opening UF5 you may get a notice popping up to the effect that it's folders are not set properly (or some such wording). You can safely dismiss that notice and just use the program as usual. UF5 folder settings are unchanged and the program works in the same way it always has.

I have both installed and working on my computer quite happily together.

If you are referring to the installation of UF 6 then it is perfectly ok to go ahead and just install it **to a different folder**. It will not conflict with UF5 in any significant way if you do this. The only MINOR effect you might see is when opening UF5 you may get a notice popping up to the effect that it's folders are not set properly (or some such wording). You can safely dismiss that notice and just use the program as usual. UF5 folder settings are unchanged and the program works in the same way it always has. I have both installed and working on my computer quite happily together.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

On Windows, if you just use the defaults suggested by the installer, Ultra Fractal 6 will install in a different folder so it won't overwrite UF5. The only thing is that you will need to choose which of these will open fractal files if you double-click them in Windows Explorer.

On Mac, both are called "Ultra Fractal" but you can just rename version 5 to "Ultra Fractal 5" and put version 6 next to it.

On Windows, if you just use the defaults suggested by the installer, Ultra Fractal 6 will install in a different folder so it won't overwrite UF5. The only thing is that you will need to choose which of these will open fractal files if you double-click them in Windows Explorer. On Mac, both are called "Ultra Fractal" but you can just rename version 5 to "Ultra Fractal 5" and put version 6 next to it.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft